Raja Balwant Singh formerly known as Balwant Rajput College, is known for its phenomenal epoch-making progress. The Institution having a gigantic stature presently, started as a small boarding house for 20 students established way back in 1885 in the out house of "The Kotla House" in Bagh Farzana area of Civil Lines, Agra. Credit goes to Raja Balwant Singh of Awagarh, the founder to get the Boarding House, recognised as High School in 1899, from where the first batch of students appeared at the Matriculation Examination of Allahabad University in 1901.
The High School was raised to the level of an Intermediate College in 1928 and to that of a Degree College in 1940. With the commencement of degree classes in 1940, the institution was recognised to establish two separate institutions The B.R. High School and The B.R. College (degree and intermediate classes). In 1966, the Intermediate classes running in the degree college were merged with the High School making it an Intermediate college.
The pace of development of the college from 1940 onwards has almost been breath-taking, as apparent from the affiliations granted to the college for different degrees given below:
Leave a Reply ·